Grant – McCusker PD
The AISLE Lauretta McCusker, O.P., D.L.S. Professional Development Grant is designed to provide financial assistance to AISLE members who wish to participate in professional workshops, conferences and coursework related to the school library media profession each year. A total of $2000 in McCusker Professional Development Grants will be awarded each year. If all funds are not expended in the initial grant cycle, a second reading date will be announced.
(AISLE Policy: 3024.4)
- The applicant shall be a current member of AISLE.
- The applicant shall be currently working in a school library or enrolled in a library/information science program leading to school library media certification.
- Professional Grant recipients may re-apply after two years.
Application and Selection
- Applicants may apply for either a specific or anticipated activity.
- Applicants must complete the application form in its entirety and submit it electronically as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on February 1.
Click here to download the Application Form. Complete and save as a PDF to submit.
- Applications must be time stamped between November 15 and February 1 to be considered by the Grants Committee. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by mid-March.
- Applications will be considered by timestamp date if necessary. Preference will be given to AISLE sponsored events.
A total of $2000.00 is available for awards annually. Awards will be granted up to the following amounts:
- One day activity – $100.00
- Two day activity – $250.00
- Three or more days activity or coursework – $500.00.
Applicants awarded a professional development grant will receive a voucher entitling them to reimbursement of legitimate expenses related to the activity. Vouchers are valid for a 12-month period beginning March 1. To be reimbursed, the recipient will be responsible for submitting documentation of expenses within thirty days following the event.
Reimbursable Expenses Include
Registration/tuition fees, mileage, meals, lodging, materials required for activity and substitute fees. If awarded, funds must be used for the specific professional development activity as submitted in the application. Funds are non-transferable to a different professional development activity.