Administrator of the Year Award
Deadline for Application
Applications must be submitted between May 1 and September 15 electronically to email@example.com by 11:59 PM on September 15th. Save and submit all materials as a PDF.
The AISLE Administrator of the Year Award is given to recognize the meritorious support of a school library program by a building or district level school administrator (a person whose position requires the administrative license such as- but not limited to- a superintendent, principal, or curriculum director) during the previous school calendar year (for example, during the Fall 2016 conference, contribution from 2015-16 school year will be recognized).
(AISLE Policy: 3016.5)
- The nominating librarian/media specialist should be a current AISLE member.
- Building or district level administrators (a person whose position requires the administrative license such as- but not limited to- a superintendent, principal, or curriculum director) in Illinois are eligible for the award.
- An administrative team from the same school can be nominated together on one application.
- There is a limit to one application (either one administrator or a team of administrators) per nominating librarian/media specialist per year.
Both sections of the nomination and application form must be completed.
Letters of nomination should include supporting details illustrating the candidate’s actions which make him/her deserving of the award. The letter might include consideration of the following:
- Contribution to the school library program
- Support of library media curricula
- Innovative program development
- Interest in young people
Supporting materials (letters from teachers, administration, students, etc.) are optional but are strongly recommended.
The recipient will be selected by the AISLE Awards Committee appointed by the AISLE Board. If a suitable recipient is not found, the award will not be given that year.
The recipient will be honored with this award at the AISLE Fall Conference.
Click here to download the Nomination and Application Form, complete and save as a PDF to submit.